Finally, it is here — the first summer long weekend !
Happy Victoria Day, or should we say happy day off work — thanks to Queen Victoria, the "Mother of Confederation.” Once again, she heralds the start of the summer.
Finally, it is here — the first summer long weekend! Go out in your garden, have barbecues with friends and gaze at the night skies lit by millions of stars. To properly celebrate this happy day, it also needs a proper summer party set up. No worries, we have got you covered so that you are ready for the summer.
These five tips will bring a fresh summer breeze to your next party.
1. A centerpiece for your table Summer is the beginning of the most colourful flower blossoms. Pick one of your favourite blossoms and set them as a gorgeous centerpiece. You don’t like flowers but still want a centerpiece? We have got you covered with these simple ideas.
2. On your marks, get grillin’ Barbecues are a different kind of cooking and it needs the right expertise. Find out how grill it right here.
3. Stock up your home bar Partner your tender grill goods with a nice and refreshing cocktail. Just mix and match a few of these ideas.
4. Decorate with stars Hanging them at different heights brings an atmospheric vibe to your backyard. Our favourite for Victoria Day is the star chain, which brings together red and white. A lovely sight for every home!
5. Get warm by the fire Gather around the fire pit and let the lovely Victoria Day end. Roast up some s'mores or just cozy up under a blanket for a little stargazing. If one night of stargazing isn’t enough for you check out our big selection of Herrnhut Stars and find your personal star.