Vancouver, BC, October 4, 2021
Thanksgiving Holiday is coming up soon.
Thanksgiving is around the corner. And what it is about: Being thankful for all the blessings and dear people in your life, but also loads of food, ideally turkey of course ;) ! Without a doubt, the highlight of each Thanksgiving holiday is the extensive dinner attended by many loved ones.
Have you ever tried to make a turkey yourself? We will provide you with a super easy recipe - the only recipe you will ever need! It’s the world’s simplest, no-fail, no-fuss turkey! Perfectly golden brown, juicy and tender. A guaranteed hit for your dinner event.
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Remove giblets from the turkey cavity. Dry turkey thoroughly with paper towels. Season turkey cavity with salt and pepper, to taste.
3. In a small bowl, combine butter, shallot, lemon juice, sage, thyme, lemon zest and garlic; season with 1 1/2 teaspoons salt and 1 1/2 teaspoons pepper, or more, to taste.
4. Using your fingers, carefully loosen the skin from the breast meat, spreading half of the butter mixture under the skin. Secure skin over the butter with wooden picks.
5. Place carrots, celery and onion in a shallow roasting pan. Place turkey, breast side up, on top of the vegetables; tie drumsticks together with kitchen twine, tucking the wingtips under.
6. Spread remaining half of the butter mixture over the turkey; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Add wine and chicken stock to the roasting pan.
7. Place into oven and roast for 30 minutes.
8. Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees F. Continue roasting until the turkey is completely cooked through, reaching an internal temperature of 165 degrees F in the thickest part of the thigh, about 2 hours to 2 hours and 30 minutes more; baste every 30 minutes with pan drippings. When turkey begins to brown, cover lightly with aluminum foil.
9. Let stand 20 minutes before carving; reserve pan dripping for gravy.
And last, but not least, enjoy with your family and have a lovely time!
Have the greatest Thanksgiving celebration!
Your MyBrilliantStar Team
Another round of the Virtual Toronto Gift + Home Market is awaiting us in August. As we are seeing many improvements and openings concerning Covid-19 restrictions, large scale indoor events, however, cannot yet take place in Ontario. Therefore, we welcome another round of the Virtual Toronto Gift + Home Market in August. MyBrilliantStar will take part again with a virtual booth and full online service. The show will be LIVE from August 9-12, however our online booth will be accessible for retailers far beyond the live show, from August 9 – September 3.
Happy Canada Day! Today on Canada Day, you will see it proudly flying throughout the country. Maybe you’ve waved a paper hand flag on Canada Day, or worn it as a pin on your jacket. Maybe you’ve even sewn one on to your travel backpack! Regardless of where you see it, the National Flag of Canada stands out both at home and abroad as one of the most striking and recognizable symbols representing Canada.